FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone fishing? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35149)

Steve B December 13th, 2009 07:02 AM

Anyone fishing?

Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

Todd[_2_] December 14th, 2009 01:52 AM

Anyone fishing?

On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

A cotton ball soaked in distilled water stuck through a
number two hook. Doesn't matter if it is barbless. You
can use tap water if you aren't classy enough to have
distilled water around.

Toss on to the nearest ice flow and allow 2 minutes for the
cotton ball to freeze to the ice flow. Then set the hook ...

It is an awesome spectacle when they jump. :-)

-T

Steve B December 14th, 2009 03:05 AM

Anyone fishing?

"Todd" wrote in message ...
On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

A cotton ball soaked in distilled water stuck through a
number two hook. Doesn't matter if it is barbless. You
can use tap water if you aren't classy enough to have
distilled water around.

Toss on to the nearest ice flow and allow 2 minutes for the
cotton ball to freeze to the ice flow. Then set the hook ...

It is an awesome spectacle when they jump. :-)

-T

The sun came out today, and my boat thawed. Time to get working on it, and
do some fishing. If it clears up, I'll go this week. I can put up with
most anything, but when it's windy, I'd just as soon watch rasslin'.

Steve

James E. Morrow December 14th, 2009 04:28 PM

Anyone fishing?

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"Todd" wrote in message
On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some
rainbows and search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on
my boat. I guess I could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer
full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice,
anyway?

Steve

snip

The sun came out today, and my boat thawed. Time to get working
on it, and do some fishing. If it clears up, I'll go this week.
I can put up with most anything, but when it's windy, I'd just as
soon watch rasslin'.

Steve

We went fishing for rainbow trout at Roman Nose State Park, Oklahoma
on Saturday. Lots of wind and cold but regrettably no fish. Well
that's the way it is some days. ;=(

--
James E. Morrow
Email to:

vernon December 27th, 2009 05:57 PM

Anyone fishing?

Lots of snow on the ground in Iowa and lakes almost ready for ice
fishing. I keep my sanity by planning my fishing trips for the spring
and woeking on my website. http://www.crazyfisherman.com

williamcraza March 25th, 2011 06:17 PM

A affection brawl blood-soaked in distilled baptize ashore through a number two hook. Doesn't amount if it is barbless. You can use tap baptize if you aren't chic abundant to have distilled baptize around.

anddrewcraig May 24th, 2011 12:23 AM