FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Long-range bait casting (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31184)

Fred T. Allen April 1st, 2008 11:15 PM

Long-range bait casting

Does anyone have knowledge of the slingshot/catapult that bank fishermen use
to sling their baits out long distances while sturgeon fishing?

Fred T. Allen April 2nd, 2008 01:24 PM

Long-range bait casting (picture)

http://allenco.net/images/fishingslingshot.jpg

"Fred T. Allen" wrote in message
Does anyone have knowledge of the slingshot/catapult that bank fishermen
use to sling their baits out long distances while sturgeon fishing?

Rodney Long April 5th, 2008 04:01 AM

Fred T. Allen wrote:
http://allenco.net/images/fishingslingshot.jpg

A bit much to drag to the beach :-)

I've wanted such a device for years when shark fishing from the beach,
but where I fish they don't allow an 18 wheeler to haul your gear,,
actually they don't allow any vehicle

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control

Fred T. Allen April 7th, 2008 03:18 PM

Long-range bait casting (picture)

We have 60 miles of beach we can drive on.

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Fred T. Allen wrote:
http://allenco.net/images/fishingslingshot.jpg

A bit much to drag to the beach :-)

I've wanted such a device for years when shark fishing from the beach, but
where I fish they don't allow an 18 wheeler to haul your gear,, actually
they don't allow any vehicle

"Fred T. Allen" wrote in message
Does anyone have knowledge of the slingshot/catapult that bank fishermen
use to sling their baits out long distances while sturgeon fishing?

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
See lure video you won't believe
http://ezknot.com/videos.html

Michael[_4_] December 11th, 2008 12:28 AM

Long-range bait casting (picture)

Wow! What's next?
Rocket launcher? Hope, no nuke missile.. It's hard to eat RadioActive Fish!
LOL.

But there are many slingshots for sale in Europen cities as they use them
for Carp quite regulary. Chumming with slingshot is mostly illegal in North
America
but it is encouraged in Europe.

Michael.

. net...