FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   newb salt water fly fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29143)

lufcus October 31st, 2007 12:51 AM

newb salt water fly fishing

hey guys, I just cant aford a guide to salt water here in Jersey so I
decided to buy all the gear, and maybe learn by my self and hit the
shore .I bough a 9/10 w rod 9w reel, 9w WFS line, okay that was last
friday to go fishing on saturday morning.
I decided to go to keansburg, couldnt go any farther them that, right
after that rocky part close to the park antrance.when I started to cast
I found ou that I forgot to get a striping basket, oh boy that will
help... but I still tryed to cast, mayb 40-50' was all I could do :(
peanut bunkers all over but no fish on sight just burds diving for the
bunkers....

here is the question:
was the outfit good enough?
can u guys point me to other places?
fly selection...
how to deal with leader and tipet sometimes stripers and blues are kind
of mixed?

any place that I could see fly fishermen so I can have an idea ?

thanks all

ops I just found a video on internet that shows how to make a striping
basket, kindda like it and I just made two of them so next time I will
not gonna have my line all over in the water hehe:crap:

--
lufcus