FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   some speckled trout locales (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29921)

jeff December 12th, 2007 08:31 PM

some speckled trout locales

did a bit of speck trout fishing over thanksgiving and this past
weekend. the trout catching in nc has been speck-tacular this year
according to reports...lots of 4-5 pound fish. of course, i can't
confirm it as i haven't gotten out much. here's one i caught
thanksgiving day...

jeff December 12th, 2007 08:38 PM

some speckled trout locales

fishing dropped off at low tide...so i harvested conchs, clams, and fan
shells. these are photos of the sand bars at low tide. i was amazed at
the number of conch moving about in the shallows and on the bars. found
one attached to a clam, with the clam opened and being devoured...

jeff December 12th, 2007 08:41 PM

some speckled trout locales

3 Attachment(s)
a spot in hyde county...only caught small ones, no photos.

jeff December 12th, 2007 08:43 PM

some speckled trout locales

jeff December 12th, 2007 08:49 PM

some speckled trout locales

1 Attachment(s)

Willi December 12th, 2007 09:17 PM

jeff wrote:
did a bit of speck trout fishing over thanksgiving and this past
weekend. the trout catching in nc has been speck-tacular this year
according to reports...lots of 4-5 pound fish. of course, i can't
confirm it as i haven't gotten out much. here's one i caught
thanksgiving day...

Nice pix

Ran across this video:

http://offbeatangler.com/videos.html

Reminded me of your posts about the Albies.

What would be the best time to do some salt fishing in your neck of the
woods?

Willi

JT December 12th, 2007 11:24 PM

some speckled trout locales

"jeff" wrote in message

I enjoy the photos you post, great stuff!

Thanks for sharing,
JT

jeff December 14th, 2007 02:37 AM

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

did a bit of speck trout fishing over thanksgiving and this past
weekend. the trout catching in nc has been speck-tacular this year
according to reports...lots of 4-5 pound fish. of course, i can't
confirm it as i haven't gotten out much. here's one i caught
thanksgiving day...

Nice pix

Ran across this video:

http://offbeatangler.com/videos.html

Reminded me of your posts about the Albies.

What would be the best time to do some salt fishing in your neck of the
woods?

Willi

willi - depends on what you'd like to target. i think the red drum
fishing is good in mid to late october. albies usually in early
november. they ran late this year because of water temps. they follow
the glass minnows south. big stripers move in december through january.
i think you'd like the false albacore... but, it's hard to predict.
kinda like figuring the salmonfly hatch. still, if you came this far,
we'd find something to keep you amused and interested.

jeff