FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Comparing Fish Numbers-Trout per Mile (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33134)

family-outdoors December 20th, 2008 01:14 AM

Comparing Fish Numbers-Trout per Mile

We endeavored to find a way to compare trout densities in a manner
other than trout per mile, the most common figure used for comparative
purposes. We felt it was inaccurate to compare a small stream with a
flow rate of 150 cubic feet per second (cfs) to a larger one with a
flow rate of 700+ (cfs). We came up with some data and tried a method
that might be useful.Follow link below and give us some feedback.
http://family-outdoors.com/real_trout_density.htm