FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Set-up for holding many many flies...? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31505)

[email protected] May 15th, 2008 03:26 AM

Set-up for holding many many flies...?

Does anyone know if - and where - it's possible to buy something that
would hold and organize a great many flies? I'm thinking something
like the racks of tiny bins you see in fly shops. Thanks!

Frank Reid[_2_] May 15th, 2008 01:05 PM

On May 14, 9:26*pm, wrote:
Does anyone know if - and where - it's possible to buy something that
would hold and organize a great many flies? *I'm thinking something
like the racks of tiny bins you see in fly shops. *Thanks!

Just got one of these http://tinyurl.com/6y967b in the bargain cave
at Cabelas for 20 bucks (they had 50% off lowest price). The one I
have has a dozen plano type boxes inside. The boxes have clear lids
so you can see your flies and moveable dividers. Keeps 'em all in one
place and you can just pull out the boxes you want and go. I've got a
box for each of the places I fish and then there are streamer, caddis,
mayfly, nymph, stonefly, terrestrial... boxes. Unless you're a fly
shop owner or have more flies than me (which I doubt unless you're Tom
Littleton in disguise), then this should hold you.
If you're doing this for sale in a store, then its time to get out the
saw and other powertools.
Frank Reid

Pete[_19_] May 15th, 2008 01:26 PM

Set-up for holding many many flies...?

'Custom Wood Fly Boxes, Display and Storage Cases for Fly Fishing Dry
Flies, Wet Flies, Nymphs, & Streamers, and Fly Fishing Furniture,
Custom Wood Fly Fishing Landing Nets and unique gifts in Domestic and
Exotic Hardwoods for Fly Fishermen' (http://tinyurl.com/5j2wrj)

'Flambeau Outdoors Fishing Products - Fly Fishing Retail Store Display
Boxes' (http://tinyurl.com/5q5dsr)

--
Pete