FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Extra flies (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37820)

Injun Joe July 14th, 2011 02:26 AM

Extra flies

With knees- back- eyes-etc getting old I am about over climbing N.C
mountain streams fishing for brookies'
So I find myself with lots of professional tied new flies [ that
have never touch water ] that my wife does not want.
Is anyone running a junior program or free school for beginners that
could use 3 or 4 hundred assorted dries- nymphs-etc in assorted
fliy boxes for you to sort out and use ?
Joe the Elder--used to be Indian Joe

Frank Reid © 2010 July 14th, 2011 04:54 AM

Extra flies

On Jul 13, 8:26*pm, Injun Joe wrote:
With knees- back- eyes-etc getting old *I am about over climbing *N.C
mountain streams *fishing for brookies'
So I find myself with *lots of *professional tied new flies [ that
have never touch water ] *that my wife does not want.
Is anyone running a junior program or free school for beginners that
could use 3 or 4 hundred * assorted dries- nymphs-etc *in *assorted
fliy boxes for you to sort out *and use ?
Joe the Elder--used to be *Indian Joe

Our club is trying to get flies together for Casting For Recovery, we
could also use them for our childrens' fishing days. The big thing is
the first Casting for Recovery outing in Nebraska in September.
Frank Reid
Cornhusker Flyfishers

Tom Littleton July 14th, 2011 10:29 PM

Extra flies

On 7/13/2011 9:26 PM, Injun Joe wrote:
With knees- back- eyes-etc getting old I am about over climbing N.C
mountain streams fishing for brookies'
So I find myself with lots of professional tied new flies [ that
have never touch water ] that my wife does not want.
Is anyone running a junior program or free school for beginners that
could use 3 or 4 hundred assorted dries- nymphs-etc in assorted
fliy boxes for you to sort out and use ?
Joe the Elder--used to be Indian Joe

Bruce Fisher is running a program called Total Outdoors, which teaches
outdoor skills, with emphasis on Fly Fishing, out of his shop on Penn's
Creek. The program is geared to children of service members, and I'm
sure he would appreciate the donation. If interested, Joe, contact me
via email.
Tom

D. LaCourse July 14th, 2011 11:49 PM

Extra flies

On 2011-07-13 21:26:26 -0400, Injun Joe said:

With knees- back- eyes-etc getting old I am about over climbing N.C
mountain streams fishing for brookies'
So I find myself with lots of professional tied new flies [ that
have never touch water ] that my wife does not want.
Is anyone running a junior program or free school for beginners that
could use 3 or 4 hundred assorted dries- nymphs-etc in assorted
fliy boxes for you to sort out and use ?
Joe the Elder--used to be Indian Joe

"Healing Waters", a fly fishing program for wounded vets, will be held
next June at Lakewood. I am sure they could use some flies. All
equipment is being given by volunteers.

Dave

Giles July 15th, 2011 02:16 AM

Extra flies

On 2011-07-13 21:26:26 -0400, Injun Joe said:

With knees- back- eyes-etc getting old *I am about over climbing *N..C
mountain streams *fishing for brookies'
So I find myself with *lots of *professional tied new flies [ that
have never touch water ] *that my wife does not want.
Is anyone running a junior program or free school for beginners that
could use 3 or 4 hundred * assorted dries- nymphs-etc *in *assorted
fliy boxes for you to sort out *and use ?
Joe the Elder--used to be *Indian Joe

"Healing Waters", a fly fishing program for wounded vets, will be held
next June at Lakewood. *I am sure they could use some flies. *All
equipment is being given by volunteers.

Dave

Hm.....

There are worse solutions to the existential dilemma than torturing
fish.

i guess

g.
who supposes so.

Injun Joe July 15th, 2011 03:40 PM

Extra flies

Frank-Tom- Dave---thanks for your reply. Please send me your mail
address to and I will put something in the mail.
Frank- can some of your kids use brim (sunfish ) foam flies tied by
our Texas friend Dale Wilkinson of Roadkill Roundtable ?
All of you please use a few of the flies for your own enjoyment--I'm
sure the old lady in Thialand who tied them for Jackson Cardinal Flies
would be proud to know they had been used by such distinguished
American fishermen as youall.
JOE

Injun Joe July 15th, 2011 03:48 PM

Extra flies