FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   product ideas (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7002)

Chris May 26th, 2004 09:22 PM

product ideas

I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

MSeries May 26th, 2004 09:57 PM

product ideas

"Chris" wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

I have been designing a lamp bracket to clip into the klick-fix mount which
is already on my handlebar. My barbag has a lamp bracket but I don't what to
have to use the bag just so I can mount my lights. An official klick-fix
plate could easily have a bar bolted to it but I feel something more custom
would be better, plus I haven't got a spare plate so far.

Nathaniel Porter May 26th, 2004 10:18 PM

product ideas

"Chris" wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

Mostly needed on motor vehicles (other users can use hand signals to much
the same effect), but could be developed for use on other vehicles if demand
is there.

Would help make using the road easier and more pleasant.

Good luck with the project!

Just zis Guy, you know? May 26th, 2004 10:19 PM

product ideas

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:22:31 +0100, "Chris" wrote
in message :

I would appreciate any (sensible) suggestions.

Something to make bikes visible to car drivers? A transparent car
windscreen, for example?

IGMC...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Pete Biggs May 26th, 2004 10:50 PM

product ideas

Chris wrote:
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part
of which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to
prototype stage. The product has to be original, or better designed,
than any similar product on the market. I am posting this message to
a number of newsgroups in the hope that someone will have a problem
with a product they use, or can't find a product to suit their
requirements in the market place. I would appreciate any (sensible)
suggestions.

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

Jon Senior May 26th, 2004 11:06 PM

product ideas

Nathaniel Porter opined the following...
How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

Mostly needed on motor vehicles (other users can use hand signals to much
the same effect), but could be developed for use on other vehicles if demand
is there.

Would help make using the road easier and more pleasant.

On some occasions I have felt the need for a large sign across the back
window which could display messages to other drivers, such as "Sorry,
being a tit there!".

It could also be used to suggest to some drivers that they might wish to
use the vast and frequently empty tract of tarmac known as the inside
lane!

Jon

Terry D May 26th, 2004 11:16 PM

product ideas

Pete Biggs wrote:

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

I'll second that one. Took both of my locks out with me yesterday so
that I could secure my good bike in an al fresco location (it normally
stays indoors at home or in the workshop) Together the locks weigh
almost as much as the bike! Makes buying a lightweight bike pointless if
you have to cart things like that about all the time.

Terry Duckmanton

Nathaniel Porter May 26th, 2004 11:22 PM

product ideas

"Jon Senior" jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
Nathaniel Porter opined the following...
How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other

road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

Mostly needed on motor vehicles (other users can use hand signals to

much
the same effect), but could be developed for use on other vehicles if

demand
is there.

Would help make using the road easier and more pleasant.

On some occasions I have felt the need for a large sign across the back
window which could display messages to other drivers, such as "Sorry,
being a tit there!".

Absolutely. We all make mistakes - and everyone feels better if we all
acknowledge when we balls things up :-)

It could also be used to suggest to some drivers that they might wish to
use the vast and frequently empty tract of tarmac known as the inside
lane!

Indeed :-)

Brendan Murray May 26th, 2004 11:29 PM

product ideas

"Jon Senior" jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
Nathaniel Porter opined the following...

SNIP
It could also be used to suggest to some drivers that they might wish to
use the vast and frequently empty tract of tarmac known as the inside
lane!

Apart from the fact that overtaking on the inside has been identified as
being a major cause of motorway accidents as well as being an offence. As
far as I can remember the law states you're supposed to drive on the left.
Always!

B=

Jon

Cardinal Fang May 26th, 2004 11:31 PM

product ideas

Pete Biggs wrote:

Chris wrote:

I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part
of which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to
prototype stage. The product has to be original, or better designed,
than any similar product on the market. I am posting this message to
a number of newsgroups in the hope that someone will have a problem
with a product they use, or can't find a product to suit their
requirements in the market place. I would appreciate any (sensible)
suggestions.

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

A plasma torus. Weighs almost nothing and will melt anyone trying to
nick the bike. (Battery not included.)