FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28983)

[email protected] October 15th, 2007 08:10 PM

Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

We can't ignore it, Global Warming is here and over time it is bound
to affect our Sport of Fishing.In some areas, in a worst case
scenario, rivers and lakes will run dry. In other areas of the world,
rainfall may increase enough to create new rivers and lakes.As the
seasons become warmer it gives the fish a longer period of growth each
year, so they will become larger and record fish will be caught more
frequently. Now that can't be a bad thing.How this Global Warming
thingy will affect sea fishing I don't know. It may mean fish will
just move to other areas and the fisherman/fisherwoman will need to
find the new spots.Things are bound to change over time, there is
nothing we can do, only adapt to whatever happens.Albert.BWebmaster
http://fishingcave.com

gracerallson June 17th, 2011 05:39 PM

Many organisations are anxious about the effects. The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts as a lot of acceptable a 3C acceleration in all-around apparent temperature by 2050. The UK's arch accurate adviser Professor King has warned that such a acceleration would put some 400 actor humans at accident of starvation.