FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shaldon, Devon (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22921)

PAUL YOUNG July 10th, 2006 03:48 PM

Shaldon, Devon

I am going to be staying in Shaldon for a week this september, the house is
just upstream of the Teign bridge.
Last year I had a few mullet there, but can anybody tell me if I am likely
to catch any bass in that particular spot.
Many thanks
Paul

Derek Moody July 10th, 2006 07:48 PM

Shaldon, Devon

In article , PAUL YOUNG
wrote:
I am going to be staying in Shaldon for a week this september, the house is
just upstream of the Teign bridge.
Last year I had a few mullet there, but can anybody tell me if I am likely
to catch any bass in that particular spot.

Now that -has- to be an impossible question as you didn't give lat & long
for the position your hook will be resting in...

There are bass in the estuary. If mullet are visiting then so, probably,
are bass but they might only be there for a moment or two as they follow the
tide. If you have time find a good viewpoint and spend a tide watching for
fish activity. You should see signs of feeding bass with a good pair of
bins then relate it to the tide (depth and time after h/l water). Try and
relate it to the points where they pause a while.

A week will only give you half a cycle though.

Me? I'd take a spinning rod & some plugs for a walk or else a fly rod and
wade the ebb around Coombe Cellars or the back of the Salty.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/