FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hypothetical cold front question... (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1983)

Dave April 14th, 2004 02:00 AM

Hypothetical cold front question...

Suppose you just need to be bass fishing. But a cold front has come
through, and conditions a cold northeast wind, lots of low clouds.
Crankbaits and spinnerbaits useless, and you can't help thinking -
maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I know we're supposed to slow our
presentation way down in such a situation, but what's our best bet to
catch a bass?

Brad Coovert April 14th, 2004 03:01 AM

Hypothetical cold front question...

For me, cold water = suspending jerkbaits

I have yet to ever zero with these baits in cold water in spring.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

go-bassn April 14th, 2004 04:43 AM

Hypothetical cold front question...

That really hurts Brad...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Brad Coovert" wrote in message
For me, cold water = suspending jerkbaits

I have yet to ever zero with these baits in cold water in spring.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

go-bassn April 14th, 2004 04:44 AM

Hypothetical cold front question...

Jig & pig tight to cover.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
Suppose you just need to be bass fishing. But a cold front has come
through, and conditions a cold northeast wind, lots of low clouds.
Crankbaits and spinnerbaits useless, and you can't help thinking -
maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I know we're supposed to slow our
presentation way down in such a situation, but what's our best bet to
catch a bass?

Craig Baugher April 14th, 2004 01:08 PM

Hypothetical cold front question...

Cold Fronts help you to locate fish, because they are going to be holding
tight to cover in the shallows and life is as normal for the deep fish
(humps, rock piles). Jig-n-pig, tubebait, Texas rig worm, slow presentation
lures.

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

adam May 1st, 2004 06:05 AM

(Dave) wrote in message . com...
Suppose you just need to be bass fishing. But a cold front has come
through, and conditions a cold northeast wind, lots of low clouds.
Crankbaits and spinnerbaits useless, and you can't help thinking -
maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I know we're supposed to slow our
presentation way down in such a situation, but what's our best bet to
catch a bass?

having patients !!!