FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   45lb Tuna from this weekend (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26290)

Charles Summers May 9th, 2007 05:44 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

1 Attachment(s)

Nogood Boyo May 10th, 2007 10:37 AM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

--
Nogood Boyo

Charles Summers May 10th, 2007 02:07 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

--
Nogood Boyo

Nogood Boyo May 11th, 2007 10:16 AM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
fish, let alone PETA.

--
Nogood Boyo

Charles Summers May 11th, 2007 08:04 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Maybe you shouldn't go tuna fishing...

"Nogood Boyo" wrote in message

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine fish,
let alone PETA.

--
Nogood Boyo

Dan[_2_] May 12th, 2007 01:41 AM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
fish, let alone PETA.

That's tuna fishing. They bleed a lot before they die - often on
purpose so there is good, clean meat. The other fish may not bleed so
much but they still end up on ice and, later, the dinner plate.

"A lot of anglers"? You must be speaking of those (on their behalf) who
have only fished in freshwater.

Ever been deer hunting?

Nogood Boyo May 12th, 2007 12:38 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

On Fri, 11 May 2007 at 14:04:51 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
Summers wrote:

"Nogood Boyo" wrote in message

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine fish,
let alone PETA.

Maybe you shouldn't go tuna fishing...

You obviously don't get my point.

--
Nogood Boyo

Putain May 12th, 2007 05:11 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
fish, let alone PETA.

Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
never cleaned a fish on their own.
If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
all.

Fishking May 12th, 2007 08:04 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

"Nogood Boyo" wrote in message FFS, couldn't you
have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

I however am disgusted, disgusted that I wasn't there to make that
cut..fresh tuna is awesome

Nogood Boyo May 13th, 2007 10:21 PM

45lb Tuna from this weekend

Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
fish, let alone PETA.

Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
never cleaned a fish on their own.
If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
all.

You miss my point as well. I'm not squeamish about blood. I kill and
clean all my fish because I don't believe in C&R. But was that supposed
to be a picture of a fine fish..? or a picture of the killing of a
fish..? I'd prefer fine fish to be portrayed in such a way that we can
see them at their best. Not upside down with a gaff in them and blood
all over the place.

--
Nogood Boyo