FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kiss your ash goodbye (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37709)

Ken Fortenberry May 16th, 2011 09:07 PM

Kiss your ash goodbye

Urbana Public Works is going around town taking out all the
ash trees. The emerald ash borer has arrived in Urbana so
instead of taking them out at random as they become infested
they're taking them all out methodically.

They took one down across the street this afternoon and it
was interesting to watch. They had a Vermeer BC 1800 XL
chipper and that is one hell of a machine. They were feeding
logs through that thing which were bigger than I could wrap
my arms around !

Put one of those things in Frank Reid's hands and you may
as well call it Armageddon. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Reid © 2010 May 16th, 2011 10:14 PM

Kiss your ash goodbye

On May 16, 4:07*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Urbana Public Works is going around town taking out all the
ash trees. The emerald ash borer has arrived in Urbana so
instead of taking them out at random as they become infested
they're taking them all out methodically.

They took one down across the street this afternoon and it
was interesting to watch. They had a Vermeer BC 1800 XL
chipper and that is one hell of a machine. They were feeding
logs through that thing which were bigger than I could wrap
my arms around !

Put one of those things in Frank Reid's hands and you may
as well call it Armageddon. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

We call that "Thursday."