FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Big Rig -- Suggestions? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10749)

Bob September 3rd, 2004 11:33 PM

Big Rig -- Suggestions?

Hello, I am thinking of buying a heavy duty offshore sal****er rig in
the near future for some tuna, wahoo, king mackerel, and even some
very large dorado. I was looking at the Penn Tuna Sticks; they're
rated pretty well. I'm unsure if I should get the 40-100 lb. model,
or the 50-130 lb. model...I don't want to get too light on the tuna
side of things, but I do want this rig to be versatile enough for
wahoo, kings, etc. on the lighter end of the spectrum. Is 100lb.
sufficient for most offshore tuna? Is 50lb. too heavy for some of the
smaller species I listed? Any help you guys could give me would be
greatly appreciated!

P.S.: Is it really worth the extra cash to get a super expensive Penn
International reel, over say, a nice Penn Senator with the same
size/weight specs?

Thanks again!