FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Talk about a slow moving Salmon (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3565)

Marshall Krasser January 25th, 2004 01:08 AM

Talk about a slow moving Salmon

I just received a letter from the California Department of Fish and Game
Salmon tagging program [got to love the line: Arnold Schwarzenegger,
Governor] :) [had to add that to the spell checker as well].

On 10/26/2003 I caught and released a 31 inch "Tagged" Salmon on
the Trinity River, I clipped the $10 reward tag off and sent it in [tag not
salmon that is]. According to their records the salmon was tagged on
09/24/2003 some 27 miles down stream. Hmm, roughly a mile a day -
this guy was not in a rush to die it seems.

For some reason, I always envisioned salmon on a mad dash upstream,
flying at full throttle. Silly me.

-M

--
NOTE: Please remove "MY_WADERS" from my return Email address
if you wish to reply directly. Thanks, M

Mu Young Lee January 25th, 2004 07:13 PM

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Marshall Krasser wrote:

For some reason, I always envisioned salmon on a mad dash upstream,
flying at full throttle.

They probably do when there is a movie camera nearby.

Mu