FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sea Fishing Help (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26211)

Steve Homer April 30th, 2007 08:40 PM

Sea Fishing Help

Hi all,

Just looking for some help with sea fishing...
What is the best way to start sea fishing from the shore ?
Float fishing with bobbers ?

Steve

--

Free Forums http://chatbox.hopto.org

Martyn April 30th, 2007 09:53 PM

Sea Fishing Help

Steve,

Have a look at http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/ you'll find loads of
info there
--

Martyn
"Steve Homer" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just looking for some help with sea fishing...
What is the best way to start sea fishing from the shore ?
Float fishing with bobbers ?

Steve

--

Free Forums http://chatbox.hopto.org

Derek Moody May 1st, 2007 12:29 AM

Sea Fishing Help

In article , Steve Homer
wrote:
Hi all,

Just looking for some help with sea fishing...
What is the best way to start sea fishing from the shore ?
Float fishing with bobbers ?

It rather depends wherabouts you intend to fish. You're using an Irish ISP
so, around most of your coastline, at this time of year, I'd suggest you
begin by spinning - there should be pollack off most rock marks by now and
bass around the estuaries. Float (bobber) fishing shallow (about a metre
down) anywhere you can get into the tide should pick up some tasty garfish -
and the odd mackerel but they won't be worth eating for a few weeks yet.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Steve Homer May 1st, 2007 08:38 AM

Sea Fishing Help

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply's
and yes i am in Ireland right up the top in Malin.
I was looking to fish off the bunagee pier with my son.

I hope this gives more info to go on

Steve
--
Free Forums http://chatbox.hopto.org

Derek Moody May 1st, 2007 02:05 PM

Sea Fishing Help

In article , Steve Homer
wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply's
and yes i am in Ireland right up the top in Malin.
I was looking to fish off the bunagee pier with my son.

Anyone here with local knowledge?

I'm in the south of England but I have you bracketed as I have fished the
coasts of Mayo and Strathclyde ;-)

Or, in other words, I've a rough idea of what tackle I'd take with me if
visiting your area. My first reply wasn't far off the mark. For pier
fishing I'd add a simple paternoster, fished straight down, to the list.

First things first: How old is your son? Unless he's rising teenage you'll
need to structure everything around his attention span, physique and
temperament.

If you take a look at the fishing site in my .sig you'll find a section on
introducing children to angling. Take a look and get back to us here if you
still have questions.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/
uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page:
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/

Derek May 7th, 2007 11:24 AM

Sea Fishing Help

"Steve Homer" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply's
and yes i am in Ireland right up the top in Malin.
I was looking to fish off the bunagee pier with my son.

I hope this gives more info to go on

Steve
--
Free Forums http://chatbox.hopto.org

If you get the chance watch Henry Gilbey he's done a few programs fishing
off the Atlantic coast http://www.henry-gilbey.co.uk/index.html
Derek