FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   some montana photos-july 2010 (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=36398)

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:27 AM

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:28 AM

On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:29 AM

On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:31 AM

On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:32 AM

On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:33 AM

On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jeff July 25th, 2010 01:36 AM

some montana photos-july 2010

2 Attachment(s)
On 7/24/2010 8:27 PM, jeff wrote:

jloomis July 25th, 2010 02:54 PM

some montana photos-july 2010

Some nice shots and beautiful quality fish.
The river looks like the main one had lots of water.......
I did like the smaller brook.
Thanks,
john

jeff July 25th, 2010 05:22 PM

On 7/25/2010 9:54 AM, jloomis wrote:
Some nice shots and beautiful quality fish.
The river looks like the main one had lots of water.......
I did like the smaller brook.
Thanks,
john
wrote in message

The Madison was a bit lower than I'm accustomed to, and the side
channels had less water than i've ever seen. I think they were still
holding water at hebgen. They had some changes in water course as a
result of high and fast waters from rains and from hebgen dam releases,
especially when the dam was damaged a year ago. but, lots of big fish
this year. i think i caught only one under 14 inches. The salmonfly
hatch was meager and oddly dispersed. They came off strong in the
stretch between the lakes, but very few and sporadic from 3-dollar
bridge up. But the caddis hatches were plentiful, and once you figured
size and color, very productive throughout the day. In one of the side
channels shown, my friend and I caught 6-8 fish every day in the same 25
yard stretch. lots of fun...until we caught the stomach/intestine bug
that knocked us out. it was making the rounds of campgrounds and west
yellowstone area...very, very nasty stuff. The tribs we usually fish
were still a bit too cold - 48 degrees - or too high and fast, so we did
our best on the madison and it wasn't overly crowded.

jeff