FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Monkfish (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=36511)

Fisherman August 20th, 2010 09:46 PM

Monkfish

The monkfish is a unique fish. It is also known as anglerfish, fishing
frog, lawyerfish, bellyfish, and goosefish. The monk fish has
apeculiar head that is covered with spiny protruberances and a pair of
antennae that have lures of fake algae to lure fish to it for
consumption. Monkfish lie on the ocean floor and wait for smaller
fish to approach its special lure before it attacks. They grow to
lengths of 1.5 m (5 ft) and weigh 20 kg (45 lbs). Harvested monkfish
are usually smaller.Monkfish are live on the ocean bottom, typically
on sand, mud, and shell habitats. They can tolerate a wide range of
temperatures and depths from inshore up to at least 2,950 feet deep.

http://e-fishingnews.com/interesting/711

David H. Lipman August 22nd, 2010 02:42 AM

Monkfish

From: "Fisherman"

| The monkfish is a unique fish. It is also known as anglerfish, fishing
| frog, lawyerfish, bellyfish, and goosefish. The monk fish has
| apeculiar head that is covered with spiny protruberances and a pair of
| antennae that have lures of fake algae to lure fish to it for
| consumption. Monkfish lie on the ocean floor and wait for smaller
| fish to approach its special lure before it attacks. They grow to
| lengths of 1.5 m (5 ft) and weigh 20 kg (45 lbs). Harvested monkfish
| are usually smaller.Monkfish are live on the ocean bottom, typically
| on sand, mud, and shell habitats. They can tolerate a wide range of
| temperatures and depths from inshore up to at least 2,950 feet deep.

| http://e-fishingnews.com/interesting/711

David H. Lipman August 22nd, 2010 02:43 AM

Monkfish

From: "Fisherman"

| The monkfish is a unique fish. It is also known as anglerfish, fishing
| frog, lawyerfish, bellyfish, and goosefish. The monk fish has
| apeculiar head that is covered with spiny protruberances and a pair of
| antennae that have lures of fake algae to lure fish to it for
| consumption. Monkfish lie on the ocean floor and wait for smaller
| fish to approach its special lure before it attacks. They grow to
| lengths of 1.5 m (5 ft) and weigh 20 kg (45 lbs). Harvested monkfish
| are usually smaller.Monkfish are live on the ocean bottom, typically
| on sand, mud, and shell habitats. They can tolerate a wide range of
| temperatures and depths from inshore up to at least 2,950 feet deep.

Here we go and we don't have to see YOU SPMMED URL !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkfish

{ At least this time it is about a sal****er fish ! }

robiinjakson February 25th, 2011 06:04 PM

Monkfish, also known as headfish, is used to refer to species angelshark is an anglerfish Lophius Squatina the European sea monster, more importantly, is commonly known as sea monk. The term is most commonly used to talk about the Northwest Atlantic is part of Lophius.