FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sunshine Skyway Fishing late June (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=36121)

Robert Reifsneider June 11th, 2010 10:17 PM

Sunshine Skyway Fishing late June

My family recently enjoyed a fun cross state trip down to the Tampa
area, and got to spend an evening and part of a morning fishing on the
southern part of the Skyway pier. We are hoping to head back in late
June (unfortunately a few days after the full moon), and the
possibility exists for an overnighter on the pier.

We will have at least two rods rigged with sabikis for live bait, but
we were interested in ideas for frozen baits to mix things up a little
bit.

How far out from the pier are the rubble piles, and how far down the
pier do they extend? What is the accepted method for getting a live
bait out to the piles, and how deep do we put the bait?

Thank you for any ideas.

BobR