FishingBanter

-   Fishing in Canada (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fishing around Calgary? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23165)

Jim August 3rd, 2006 12:40 AM

Fishing around Calgary?

I'm looking for fishing within 100 km or so of Calgary that would be good
for my two children, ages 4 and 7. I don't want them wading in the Bow
River -- too dangerous. Warm or cold water species / lakes are fine, as
long as the kids can catch some. Nothing kills the desire to fish in kids
like fishing for 8 hours without a fish.

Oh yes, we don't have a boat, so I'd be looking at simple shore access.
Ideally, I'd like to find a nice lake where they could catch either trout or
perch, and catch at least a few on their first fishing trips.

We tried Glenmore Reservoir last week near the docks, and I actually caught
3 pike in 1 hour. But the pike were 6 - 8 inches long! And the scenery
left a lot to be desired -- bare rocky shoreline, looking at the city rather
than trees, and traffic noises from Glenmore Trail.