FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Photographer needs advice. (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38909)

[email protected] December 4th, 2013 03:04 PM

Photographer needs advice.

Hi, I'm a photographer who plans to photograph Catskill Mountain Trout streams this coming winter. I will be making photo's utilising medium format cameras and Black and White films. I will be taking ultra wide angle pic's of shallow streams while standing in the middle of them(if that is at all possible?). My question is, "should I buy Felt or rubber soled boots, with or without studs" to provide myself with the most stable footing?

Regards.

Bob McCarthy

Bahamas Jones December 6th, 2013 05:54 AM

Photographer needs advice.

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 06:04:34 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hi, I'm a photographer who plans to photograph Catskill Mountain Trout streams this coming winter. I will be making photo's utilising medium format cameras and Black and White films. I will be taking ultra wide angle pic's of shallow streams while standing in the middle of them(if that is at all possible?). My question is, "should I buy Felt or rubber soled boots, with or without studs" to provide myself with the most stable footing?

Regards.

Bob McCarthy

Before you buy anything, you might want to check with the fish and wildlife
gendarmes in the Catskill region to see if felt soles are legal, in light of
Didymo outbreaks in the Northeast...