FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   new pup - gia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=32279)

jeff miller[_2_] August 16th, 2008 08:53 PM

new pup - gia

1 Attachment(s)
sadie's step-sister, gia maria, arrived home yesterday. it's been a
long time since we have had puppy duty...we'll never fill all of the
emptiness we've known since the loss of sadie, but in just 24 hours of
life with gia, we have experienced many of the emotions that made us so
happy in the past when sadie was training us to be better humans. gia's
a pooping, peeing, chewing ball of fur...7+ weeks old, she's a hoot, and
she's used her brown eyes and puppy prance better than a saturday night
college coed. i'm a goner again...

jeff

Opus--Mark H. Bowen August 16th, 2008 09:07 PM

new pup - gia

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..
sadie's step-sister, gia maria, arrived home yesterday. it's been a
long time since we have had puppy duty...we'll never fill all of the
emptiness we've known since the loss of sadie, but in just 24 hours of
life with gia, we have experienced many of the emotions that made us so
happy in the past when sadie was training us to be better humans. gia's
a pooping, peeing, chewing ball of fur...7+ weeks old, she's a hoot, and
she's used her brown eyes and puppy prance better than a saturday night
college coed. i'm a goner again...

jeff

I take it that she is a Golden?

No matter, she is absolutely gorgeous.

I know that she will make the two of you very happy indeed.

Op

Dave LaCourse August 16th, 2008 09:42 PM

new pup - gia

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:53:00 -0400, jeff miller
wrote:

sadie's step-sister, gia maria, arrived home yesterday.

She is precious, Jeff. Congrats to you and Rachel. She will accept
all that love you folks have to give, and double it in return.

As I type, Jenny is laying on the couch with me, her head in my lap,
on her back, her feet sticking in the air. (No, wayno, Jenny is our
golden!) d;o)

Enjoy. You guys deserve her and she you.

Dave

George August 17th, 2008 03:21 AM

new pup - gia

I'll trade you, my 19 year old came home with a Pomerainian Sunday night at
11:15 PM. Aside from being a terribly cute dog who we will love for as long
as he lasts he has no practical field use. The worst part is the dog is the
same color as most chocaolate labs I have seen. Today my youngest kid got
him to pick up a stick and I'm trying to figure out if I can teach him to
retrieve.
George in Las Vegas

jeff miller[_2_] August 17th, 2008 02:40 PM

new pup - gia

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:

I take it that she is a Golden?

No matter, she is absolutely gorgeous.

I know that she will make the two of you very happy indeed.

Op

thanks mark...yup, another golden. we like the breed's typical traits.
we thought we might get a lab, but life with a golden was too good for
us, so here we go again. we know it'll be different than it was, but
it's good to have dog-induced grins in the house again. in just two
days, though much younger than sadie's 12 weeks when she found us, gia
has already shown some looks and behaviors we remember from sadie's
puppyhood. i'm doing the night-time pee and poop duty, so gia and i are
spending a lot of time together. she's doing a good job of training me
so far...g

jeff

jeff miller[_2_] August 17th, 2008 02:52 PM

new pup - gia

Dave LaCourse wrote:

sadie's step-sister, gia maria, arrived home yesterday.

She is precious, Jeff. Congrats to you and Rachel.

thanks dave... she conquered us almost immediately and without much
effort, and i reckon we'll simply have to wait to see what she has in
store for her new-found vassals. we bought a bed and a special crate
and lots of toys for her, but so far she prefers sleeping on the brick
hearth or on a floor vent, and she'd rather chew everything other than
her chew toys...

jeff

jeff miller[_2_] August 17th, 2008 02:55 PM

new pup - gia

George wrote:

I'll trade you, my 19 year old came home with a Pomerainian Sunday night at
11:15 PM. Aside from being a terribly cute dog who we will love for as long
as he lasts he has no practical field use. The worst part is the dog is the
same color as most chocaolate labs I have seen. Today my youngest kid got
him to pick up a stick and I'm trying to figure out if I can teach him to
retrieve.
George in Las Vegas

jeff

Dave LaCourse August 17th, 2008 04:32 PM

new pup - gia

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:52:12 -0400, jeff miller
wrote:

but so far she prefers sleeping on the brick
hearth or on a floor vent, and she'd rather chew everything other than
her chew toys...

Sounds like Jenny's sister!

Dave

Tim J. August 18th, 2008 02:57 AM

new pup - gia

jeff miller wrote:
sadie's step-sister, gia maria, arrived home yesterday. it's been a
long time since we have had puppy duty...we'll never fill all of the
emptiness we've known since the loss of sadie, but in just 24 hours of
life with gia, we have experienced many of the emotions that made us
so happy in the past when sadie was training us to be better humans.
gia's a pooping, peeing, chewing ball of fur...7+ weeks old, she's a
hoot, and she's used her brown eyes and puppy prance better than a
saturday night college coed. i'm a goner again...

Nice looking dog, Jeff. I'm glad you took the plunge. No doubt Sadie's place
won't be filled, but dog lovers need a dog around to keep them in check, and
this one looks like a keeper.

I just love floppy puppies!
--
TL,
Tim

Fred August 18th, 2008 05:36 AM

new pup - gia

On 16-Aug-2008, jeff miller wrote:

.7+ weeks old, she's a hoot, and
she's used her brown eyes and puppy prance better than a saturday night
college coed. i'm a goner again...

jeff

Attached file: P8150142-2.JPG (38,930 bytes)
Attached file: P8150143-2.JPG (297,200 bytes)
Attached file: P8160148-2.JPG (230,786 bytes)
Attached file: P8160154-small-2.jpg (325,280 bytes)

Congratulations
What a gorgeous & cute puppy!
She will chew on a lot more things to come
But you have a wonderful new friend and a great fishing companion
Again - Congratulations she is absolutely beautiful.

Fred