FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Question about loop leaders? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12137)

Tom Nakashima October 15th, 2004 05:43 PM

Question about loop leaders?

To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides quick
change?
-tom

Ken Fortenberry October 15th, 2004 06:02 PM

Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides quick
change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides quick
change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Nakashima October 15th, 2004 06:51 PM

Question about loop leaders?

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
m...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides quick
change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ that you
could lead me to read about this?
-tom

Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides quick
change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ that you
could lead me to read about this?
-tom

Tim J. October 15th, 2004 07:13 PM

Question about loop leaders?

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message m...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides
quick change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ
that you could lead me to read about this?

If you Google roff for loop leaders, you can find discussion ad nauseam
regarding the unethical use of loop leaders. Here's the link for the
search: http://tinyurl.com/4qt6h
--
TL,
Tim

Tim J. October 15th, 2004 07:22 PM

Question about loop leaders?

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message m...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides
quick change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ
that you could lead me to read about this?

Ken's probably referring to this thread just discussed yesterday:
http://tinyurl.com/5jsp5
You're just lucky that Ken is such a patient man. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Tim J. October 15th, 2004 07:22 PM

Question about loop leaders?

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message m...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
To loop or not to loop?
Are there disadvantages or advantages to the loop leader besides
quick change?

Whoa, it's just like deja vu all over again. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ
that you could lead me to read about this?

Ken's probably referring to this thread just discussed yesterday:
http://tinyurl.com/5jsp5
You're just lucky that Ken is such a patient man. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim
------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Tom Nakashima October 15th, 2004 08:00 PM

"Tim J." wrote in message
Tom Nakashima wrote:

sorry about that, didn't know I hit a sore subject, is there an FAQ
that you could lead me to read about this?

Ken's probably referring to this thread just discussed yesterday:
http://tinyurl.com/5jsp5
You're just lucky that Ken is such a patient man. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Yes, I read,
The knots I know how to tie, and I never use the loops, I cut them off.
I was wondering if there's a difference in the way the fly is presented with
loop leaders
-tom