FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Smallie Get Together (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37799)

georgecleveland July 4th, 2011 08:01 PM

Smallie Get Together

The fly fishing message board I administer is having a warmwater
conclave on the East Fork of the Black River, just north of Black
River Falls, WI on July 22nd to 24th.(Although me, Jacci, Mason and
the dogs will probably set up camp Wednesday or Thursday.) Anyone in
the area is welcome to drop by for the day, evening, dark or
weekend.There are a couple sites left in the East Fork Campground that
can still be reserved and half of the sites are non-reservable and
rarely fill up. There is fishing in the East Fork right out your tent
door or bigger water (and muskies) in the Black River proper, just a
short drive away. There are other full service campgrounds nearby (2
to 3 miles) if the primitive camping available at East Fork isn't to
your liking. (I imagine Joel would have found a local hostelry if he
could have come.)

Anyway, the Montana rivers are unfishable and will probably be that
way til August. If you want to catch bass, sit around a campfire and
drink or just need an excuse to disappear where no one would think to
look for you, come on by.

http://www.wisflyfishing.com/cgi-bin...num=1301958135

Geo. C.