FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help fishing from shore (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16361)

Sportinus March 30th, 2005 05:45 PM

Help fishing from shore

Took the kids out yesterday fishing with worm, bobber and small sinker.
We only got 2 small bites and 0 fish caught. What do people generally
use when fishing from the shore. We are fishing in a burb of Chicago.
We could see doem fishing jumping in the middle of the lake but cannot
cast that far.

Rodney March 31st, 2005 07:14 PM

Sportinus wrote:
Took the kids out yesterday fishing with worm, bobber and small sinker.
We only got 2 small bites and 0 fish caught. What do people generally
use when fishing from the shore. We are fishing in a burb of Chicago.
We could see doem fishing jumping in the middle of the lake but cannot
cast that far.

Just wait a month or so, the bream will move close to the bank, and the
kids will have a ball, right now they are out in deep water and scattered

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Duh_OZ April 1st, 2005 01:30 PM

Sportinus wrote:
Took the kids out yesterday fishing with worm, bobber and small

sinker.
We only got 2 small bites and 0 fish caught. What do people

generally
use when fishing from the shore. We are fishing in a burb of

Chicago.
We could see doem fishing jumping in the middle of the lake but

cannot
cast that far.

=========
Water still cold in the area, so the fish are still going to be
sluggish. Use no higher than 4 lb test, hook size 10 or 12 and a
single redworm (waxworms better). Don't use those round floats
either, use a pencil type one, they offer less resistance to the fish.

What burb are you in? Someone may be able to point you a lake that
seems to have good action early in the season.

There's also some Chicago area fishing message boards that have a lot
of information. Try googling +chicagoland +fishing +forums

As to the jumping fish, they may have been Carp. I know I some
jumping in a forest preserve lake last week.