FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Learning Knots (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26654)

Ruben June 10th, 2007 05:26 AM

Learning Knots

Hello

I've been fishing for a little while now, mostly salt water fishing out of
New York harbor. It seems that learning knots is one of the first skills
to master. Does anyone know of a good source for making tackle and for
making knots?

Ruben

" I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed that one."

Rodney Long June 10th, 2007 02:28 PM

Learning Knots

http://www.fish4fun.com/knots.htm

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic tackle company

http://spectastictackle.com/

[email protected] June 14th, 2007 11:33 AM

Learning Knots

i would consider using a pole about 12m-24 meters out in the deep
waters were the fish will be spwaning.
And feed casters and a light ground bait so when it hits the surface
of the water it breaks up, and will create a cloudy
atmospher in the water.
And fish maggost over it because the fish will compet over them and
will increase your bites

The Great Gazooka[_2_] June 19th, 2007 07:27 PM

Learning Knots

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:33:12 -0700,
wrote:

i would consider using a pole about 12m-24 meters out in the deep
waters were the fish will be spwaning.
And feed casters and a light ground bait so when it hits the surface
of the water it breaks up, and will create a cloudy
atmospher in the water.
And fish maggost over it because the fish will compet over them and
will increase your bites

Can't you speak English? Are you uneducated or just stupid?

Ruben July 3rd, 2007 11:45 AM

Learning Knots

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:33:12 -0700, hunkydevilbutch wrote:

i would consider using a pole about 12m-24 meters out in the deep
waters were the fish will be spwaning.
And feed casters and a light ground bait so when it hits the surface
of the water it breaks up, and will create a cloudy
atmospher in the water.
And fish maggost over it because the fish will compet over them and
will increase your bites

Thanks for the tip but I think you posted to the wrong message. ;)

Ruben

" I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed that one."

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium

carmar July 3rd, 2007 03:01 PM

Learning Knots

gday ruben,
im from oz down under and i can give u a website very popular here... try
this one am sure u heard of it..

http://www.rexhunt.com.au

look under fishing im sure it wil help

tite lines
cya

"Ruben" wrote in message
. com...
Hello

I've been fishing for a little while now, mostly salt water fishing out of
New York harbor. It seems that learning knots is one of the first skills
to master. Does anyone know of a good source for making tackle and for
making knots?

Ruben

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like
Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI
Safir 1998

http://fairuse.nylxs.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI
Safir 2002

"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to
our own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own
society."

" I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be
damned.
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have
been attacted at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess
you missed that one."

LabRat September 22nd, 2007 11:24 PM

Learning Knots

Ruben voiced his/her/it's humble opinion in alt.fishing on Tue 03 Jul 2007
03:45:37a:

This is a good site for knots.

http://www.animatedknots.com/

Later......