FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Geneva IL??? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31593)

QUAKEnSHAKE May 28th, 2008 08:10 PM

Geneva IL???

Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

DK[_3_] May 28th, 2008 11:45 PM

Geneva IL???

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

I'm not sure of any lakes or ponds but the fox river runs through
Geneva, IL.

Dan, danl [email protected] May 28th, 2008 11:48 PM

Geneva IL???

On Wed, 28 May 2008 14:10:14 -0500,
(QUAKEnSHAKE) wrote:

Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

That is or is close to Lake county IL. Not sure what is around here.
Bring the rod and your boat down here to FL and we'll fish it and see
how good it is ;}

Dan, I finally moved to Florida!

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Larry Runkle May 29th, 2008 04:28 AM

Geneva IL???

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

Try this web site... http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/

Hit your state and then your county and it might show some you some lakes or
ponds in your area. The data is old I think, some of the ponds listed in my
county are now subdivisions, or a golf course, but it did list the ones I
fish.

Hope it helps some.

Larry

Chicago Paddling-Fishing May 30th, 2008 03:44 PM

Geneva IL???

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd. I thought while Im over there to try a place if
there are any.
Thanks

Are you near Jerico or Spring Lake?

http://www.chicagopaddling.org has a map and you can click on blue bodies to
find info on the lake or river. There is also an option to just list lakes
covered by county.

http://www.chicagofishing.org is a list of lakes that you can sort based on
criteria such a fish species... it lists counties next to the lake name but
it's in alphabetical order.

I don't get out that way often, although 2 of my kids attend college out in
DeKalb now so I probably should be out that way more often...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

QUAKEnSHAKE June 3rd, 2008 12:36 AM

Geneva IL???

THANKS
I checked the sites suggested and planned on trying Peck Lake but my
plans were changed once the wife decided she wanted to tag along and go
shopping too.

I did get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting for quite a while so all is
good.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing June 3rd, 2008 01:21 AM

Geneva IL???

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
THANKS
I checked the sites suggested and planned on trying Peck Lake but my
plans were changed once the wife decided she wanted to tag along and go
shopping too.

shiver

I did get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting for quite a while so all is
good.

Spring Lake is within a mile of Fox Valley Mall... drop her off... you can
also bring a small, hand launched boat if you have one there.

http://www.chicagopaddling.org/spring.html

Patterson Lake is also near, but not as close as Spring Lake...