FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Canoecopia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33582)

Ken Fortenberry[_2_] March 11th, 2009 01:00 AM

Canoecopia

Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Daniel-San[_2_] March 11th, 2009 10:03 PM

Canoecopia

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

-Dan

Chicago Paddling-Fishing March 12th, 2009 03:58 AM

Canoecopia

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

I think I might... hard to be sure yet though...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Ken Fortenberry[_2_] March 12th, 2009 03:14 PM

Canoecopia

Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

Looks like Saturday is mostly sunny, high around 50, 10% chance
of precip while Sunday is exactly the same except mostly cloudy.
I have better luck with the teensy-weensy cold water dries on
cloudy days so we'll do Copia all day Saturday and then I'll fish
on Sunday.

I'll be at the bridge over the Blue River on Snow Bottom Road just
across the Iowa county line in Grant county around noonish or so.
If anybody wants to meet up we can toss a coin for upstream or down,
although the fishing is usually decent in both directions. That's
as far away from Madison as I'll get (it's about an hour away) and
if it doesn't look good there are several places to hit on the way
back to the hotel, but that's the only location I'm going to post
on roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry[_2_] March 12th, 2009 03:16 PM

Canoecopia

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

I think I might... hard to be sure yet though...

My wife and I will be there most of the day Saturday, if you see
me say hello and I'll do the same if I see you.

--
Ken Fortenberry

JR March 13th, 2009 12:53 AM

Canoecopia

Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the black
Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it works out.

If you do, post a report. I've always wanted to fish the Black Earth,
just 'cause I love the name, if for no other reason.....

- JR

Daniel-San March 13th, 2009 02:02 AM

Canoecopia

"JR" wrote ...
Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on the weather.

Not going to Copia, but there's an off (15%) chance that I may hit the
black Earth Saturday. A whole lotta stars have to align, but I hope it
works out.

If you do, post a report. I've always wanted to fish the Black Earth,
just 'cause I love the name, if for no other reason.....

Well, looks like the stars will be out of alignment. I'd hoped to sneak up
for the morning, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

I have fished it a bunch of times over the last few years. Great place
during the spring. Gets very overgrown come mid-summer.

-Dan

Ken Fortenberry[_2_] March 14th, 2009 12:47 PM

Canoecopia

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

... we'll do Copia all day Saturday and then I'll fish
on Sunday.

Check that. I won't be doing either one. I came down with a
bit of a bug so I'm gonna hang out on the homefront this
weekend.

--
Ken Fortenberry