FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Overton Co. For Supplies ? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38604)

Bob[_4_] August 11th, 2012 11:39 PM

Overton Co. For Supplies ?

Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,
Bob

Marty[_2_] August 12th, 2012 10:35 PM

Overton Co. For Supplies ?

For what it's worth, Overton is owned by Gander Mountain, which acquired it
in 2007. I'd trust them based on that.

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is
nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob La Londe[_6_] August 13th, 2012 05:56 AM

Overton Co. For Supplies ?

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is
nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,
Bob

They have been around a while. I have never dealt with them, but somehow I
got on their mailing list. At one time I got the impression they were
affiliated with Bass Pro Shops, but not so sure of that now.

For most stuff I buy from Tackle Warehouse. Usually good pricing except on
price fixed stuff like Shimano, and they are free shipping on ANY order over
$50 including rods and trolling motors.

Bob La Londe[_6_] August 13th, 2012 07:39 PM

Overton Co. For Supplies ?

"Marty" wrote in message
For what it's worth, Overton is owned by Gander Mountain, which acquired
it in 2007. I'd trust them based on that.

Aaah! That's how I got on their mailing list. I used to get catalogs from
Gander Mountain. I bet they are sure wishing they hadn't sold their mail
order division to Bass Pro Shops all those years ago. LOL.