FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I wonder . . . (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39121)

daytripper January 25th, 2016 04:23 AM

I wonder . . .

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:52:05 -0800 (PST), giles wrote:

Whatever? Hm.....

Sounds like you're not interested.

Has it ever occurred to you to wonder what compels you to participate in discussions that don't interest you? Does it even matter to you that you are somehow compelled to participate in discussions that don't interest you? Have you ever wondered whether or not you are even capable of not participating in conversations that don't interest you? I'd bet a shiny new nickel that you are absolutely incapable of refraining from participating in exchanges that don't interest you.

Would you like to prove me wrong?

g.
who notes that it IS exactly like old times :)

wow. truer words haven't been spoken 'round these parts in years.
'course, pretty much NO words have been spoken over that period.

Still...

/daytripper (lmao. it's like the Usenet Way Back Machine suddenly came to life
;)

Giles January 25th, 2016 06:16 AM

I wonder . . .

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:23:53 PM UTC-6, daytripper wrote:
[...]

Howdy Dave!

How ya been?

g.
who begins to suspect that maybe that recent cpr course wasn't an absolute waste of time after all.

daytripper January 26th, 2016 12:09 AM

I wonder . . .

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 21:16:57 -0800 (PST), giles wrote:

[...]

I've been well, Wolfie, and thanks for asking. Wife, kids and grand kids are
all healthy and doing great. Still managing to swing a fly or two on occasion,
though nowhere near enuff. I gotta work on that.

Other than training up your powers of resurrection (always an asset, imo) how
are things up your end of the world? Hope you and yours are fine and dandy!

Cheers!

/daytripper

Giles January 26th, 2016 05:08 AM

I wonder . . .

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 5:09:28 PM UTC-6, daytripper wrote:

I've been well, Wolfie, and thanks for asking. Wife, kids and grand kids are
all healthy and doing great. Still managing to swing a fly or two on occasion,
though nowhere near enuff. I gotta work on that.

Other than training up your powers of resurrection (always an asset, imo) how
are things up your end of the world? Hope you and yours are fine and dandy!

Cheers!

/daytripper

On the personal front, things are splendiferous here. I get to spend pretty much all day every day (literally 24/7/365 if I wish) playing with every tool and material I have ever coveted and a whole lot more that I never even dreamed of. And being a part time seasonal employee at my current job, I have pretty much 24/7 available to me.

I've been spending a lot of time blacksmithing and doing various woodworking projects. Recently finished building an old fashioned potter's kickwheel......even carved the stone. Will be making pots, bowls, cups, etc. as soon as I can pin down my erstwhile teacher. Am also relearing welding.....and a million other things. If I was punching a clock it would show that I am putting in 10 to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. But I take lots of long breaks.

Fire. I get to play with LOTS of fire.

Whatta hoot!

On the statewide, national, an international fronts things appear to be about as ****ed up as ever. Not much I can do about any of that except once again take up the cudgel here in good old roff.

I'm ready for that.

g.
tell some of the boys i sez come on over. :)

Mark H. Bowen[_2_] November 9th, 2016 05:29 PM

I wonder . . .

You never send me flowers?