FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Request Information about Hardy Bros Fly Rod. (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39041)

David75 April 29th, 2015 01:40 PM

Request Information about Hardy Bros Fly Rod.

Hi,

I purchased a large amount of sporting equipment from auction and when I got it home I found this fishing rod at the bottom of the bag.

( I know nothing about fishing sorry)

All I have found out is that its a Hardy Bros Fly Rod, Its in 2 pieces measuring about 6ft long when together.

It has markings on the silver bit at the bottom which says;

Brit.Pat.no196216

Then if i unscrew the silver bit and lift it up it has;

Made by Hardy Bros LTD, Alnwick, England

E 34395

and has two by appointment seals as well.

There is also writing on the rod itself

But cannot really make it out, something about 'She double built de lucas rod'.

Sorry this is vague I really don't know any more.

Any information regarding this would be amazing ( price, date, name).

Thanks again,

David