FishingBanter

-   UK Game Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fly Reel recommendations (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33074)

Charles Turner December 4th, 2008 07:43 PM

Fly Reel recommendations

Hi guys,

Just about norrowed down my choice of a new fly reel (for a WF8 line).
Wonder if anyone has any comments on the following:-

Airflo T8

Airflo Airlite

Shakespeare Pflueger President

Note; the President reel shown in the John Norris catalogue appears to be a
different model to that on the Airflo web site?*!

Thanks,

Charles

[email protected] December 4th, 2008 08:47 PM

Fly Reel recommendations

Charles Turner wrote:
Hi guys,

Just about norrowed down my choice of a new fly reel (for a WF8 line).
Wonder if anyone has any comments on the following:-

Airflo T8

Airflo Airlite

Shakespeare Pflueger President

Note; the President reel shown in the John Norris catalogue appears to
be a different model to that on the Airflo web site?*!

Thanks,

Charles

Over the years I have become so greatly prejudiced against anything with
"Airflo" on it, that I would not touch it with a ten foot bargepole,
disinfected, and on fire! I even avoid their sinking lines, which are
the only things I have ever handled form Airflo which function properly.

If those are your choices, then I would go for the Pflueger simply on
principle, although I don´t know much about it.

If you want to try an alternative, then have a look at the Okuma
graphite range. The Airframe if you can get it, ( or the "Cascade" which
seems to be identical).

TL
MC

[email protected] December 5th, 2008 12:14 AM

Fly Reel recommendations

On Dec 4, 1:43*pm, "Charles Turner"
wrote:
Hi guys,

Just about norrowed down my choice of a new fly reel (for a WF8 line).
Wonder if anyone has any comments on the following:-

Airflo T8

Airflo Airlite

Shakespeare Pflueger President

Note; the President reel shown in the John Norris catalogue appears to be a
different model to that on the Airflo web site?*!

Thanks,

Charles

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Go to Cabelas web site and check out the lamson Konic model 3.5 reel.

Those who have them love them...

Regards.

Bob

Fred December 9th, 2008 04:13 AM

Fly Reel recommendations

On 4-Dec-2008, " wrote:

Go to Cabelas web site and check out the lamson Konic model 3.5 reel.

Those who have them love them.

I bought Orvis Battenkill reels quite a few yrs ago for several rods;
They were cheap, $60 and spools were $30.
After yrs of use and being banged around the rocks etc .

I just switched and bought 3 Konic reels w spools to replace my Battenkills
Larger arbor - ligh durable and still "relatively" inexpensive at $130

Fred

W. D. Grey December 9th, 2008 09:22 PM

Fly Reel recommendations

In article , Fred
writes

On 4-Dec-2008, " wrote:

Go to Cabelas web site and check out the lamson Konic model 3.5 reel.

Those who have them love them.

I bought Orvis Battenkill reels quite a few yrs ago for several rods;
They were cheap, $60 and spools were $30.
After yrs of use and being banged around the rocks etc .

I just switched and bought 3 Konic reels w spools to replace my Battenkills
Larger arbor - ligh durable and still "relatively" inexpensive at $130

Fred

You guys got more money than sense!
--
Bill Grey

Halfordian Golfer December 15th, 2008 09:21 PM

Fly Reel recommendations

On Dec 9, 1:22*pm, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article , Fred
writes

On *4-Dec-2008, " wrote:

Go to Cabelas web site and check out the lamson Konic model 3.5 reel.

Those who have them love them.

I bought Orvis Battenkill reels quite a few yrs ago for several rods;
They were cheap, $60 and spools were $30.
After yrs of use and being banged around the rocks etc .

I just switched and bought 3 Konic reels w spools to replace my Battenkills
Larger arbor - ligh durable and still "relatively" inexpensive at $130

Fred

You guys got more money than sense!
--
Bill Grey

Funny how that works!

TBone

Frank Reid © 2008 December 16th, 2008 04:55 AM

Fly Reel recommendations

Funny how that works!

TBone- Hide quoted text -

Look what the cat dragged in and the dog wouldn't bury. How's it
going? Still in Colorado? Lookin' to host a wanderin' Nebraska
ROFFian on your home waters (when they turn back into water that is).
Frank Reid

W. D. Grey December 16th, 2008 07:54 PM

Fly Reel recommendations

In article
,
Halfordian Golfer writes
On Dec 9, 1:22*pm, "W. D. Grey" wrote:
In article , Fred
writes

On *4-Dec-2008, " wrote:

Go to Cabelas web site and check out the lamson Konic model 3.5 reel.

Those who have them love them.

I bought Orvis Battenkill reels quite a few yrs ago for several rods;
They were cheap, $60 and spools were $30.
After yrs of use and being banged around the rocks etc .

I just switched and bought 3 Konic reels w spools to replace my Battenkills
Larger arbor - ligh durable and still "relatively" inexpensive at $130

Fred

You guys got more money than sense!
--
Bill Grey

Funny how that works!

TBone

Happy Christmas to you and yours Tim.
--
Bill Grey

nelssoncraigg May 27th, 2011 12:36 AM

Over the years I accept become so abundantly biased adjoin annihilation with "Airflo" on it, that I would not blow it with a ten bottom bargepole, disinfected, and on fire! I even abstain their biconcave lines, which are the alone things I accept anytime handled anatomy Airflo which action properly.