FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Favorite Reel (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33290)

family-outdoors January 24th, 2009 05:55 AM

Favorite Reel

I absolutely love the Mitchell Avocet. If I had to choose one
spinning reel under $50 this would be it. My kids bought me my first
one as a birthday gift a couple of years ago. For the money I think
it's impossible to beat. I don't like the super cheap reels ($9.99 at
Wal-Mart) but I think for most uses you don't need to spend more than
what one of these runs.

Family-Outdoors

http://www.family-outdoors.com/FaveFreshReel.html

Frog Britches February 3rd, 2009 05:36 AM

Favorite Reel

family-outdoors wrote:
I absolutely love the Mitchell Avocet. If I had to choose one
spinning reel under $50 this would be it. My kids bought me my first
one as a birthday gift a couple of years ago. For the money I think
it's impossible to beat. I don't like the super cheap reels ($9.99 at
Wal-Mart) but I think for most uses you don't need to spend more than
what one of these runs.

Family-Outdoors

http://www.family-outdoors.com/FaveFreshReel.html

I have a Mitchell 300 and a 440, I think. I caught a lot of fish with
them but quite using them probably 30 years ago. They are considerable
heavier and gritty compared to today
Newest one is a Shimano, cost considerable but have tried a number of
reels that were smooth and light for around 50.00.
They have gotten worlds better in last 3 or 4 decades.
Enjoy your new Mitchell.