FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   squid can anyone help (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11343)

andy barnes September 20th, 2004 11:04 AM

squid can anyone help

Can anyone help need a large amount of squid for cod fishing this
autumn.calimari would be good,but Illex would be better.We need about 200
pound upwards in weight as we use about 15 pound each per trip.

andy barnes September 20th, 2004 08:54 PM

squid can anyone help

wish i could but no chinese supermarkets on Isle
of Wight.7 pound a 5lb box is norm.got a whole chest freezer ready to
fill.before the squid shortage kicks in.
regards Andy Barnes
"Cliff Ravenscroft" wrote in message
Find your local chinese wholesale warehouse,we have one called Wing Yip &
get a 5lb box for about £3. If its local just get it as you need it ,save
you storing it.

.
"andy barnes" wrote in message
Can anyone help need a large amount of squid for cod fishing this
autumn.calimari would be good,but Illex would be better.We need about

200
pound upwards in weight as we use about 15 pound each per trip.

david September 21st, 2004 03:10 PM

squid can anyone help

Andy, the maths suggest a trip to the mainlnd.

If the trip costs you 40 quid and you buy 40 boxes at 5lb box, thats a quid
a box for the trip...not bad.

&
get a 5lb box for about £3. If its local just get it as you need it

,save
you storing it.

.
"andy barnes" wrote in message
Can anyone help need a large amount of squid for cod fishing this
autumn.calimari would be good,but Illex would be better.We need about

200
pound upwards in weight as we use about 15 pound each per trip.

andy barnes September 21st, 2004 08:04 PM

squid can anyone help

I rang wing yip and they would sell them at 5.50 for a 5 pound pack.There
must be somewhere help
"david" wrote in message
[...]

Cliff Ravenscroft September 21st, 2004 10:26 PM

squid can anyone help

You must have chinese restaurants on the island so
No1 ask them where they get there supplies
No2 ask Wing Yip what it would cost to have a whole freezer full delivered
saving you the fare.
No3 Get well in with the local chinese chippy,pay in advance & get him to
add it to his order for a free box or two.

..
"david" wrote in message
[...]

david September 22nd, 2004 09:46 AM

squid can anyone help

I agree. If you cant get bait squid, no one can. Buy loads of the stuff
and flog it to the angling shops.

wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:54:01 -0700, "andy barnes"
wrote:

wish i could but no chinese supermarkets on Isle of Wight.

What a wonderful opportunity you to start an exclusive and perhaps
much needed business. Have you thought about doing it?

wrote:

wish i could but no chinese supermarkets on Isle of Wight.

What a wonderful opportunity you to start an exclusive and perhaps
much needed business. Have you thought about doing it?

andy barnes September 22nd, 2004 10:38 PM

squid can anyone help

I have tryed at many places and would like to do this,can you help
regards Andy

wrote:

wish i could but no chinese supermarkets on Isle of Wight.

What a wonderful opportunity you to start an exclusive and perhaps
much needed business. Have you thought about doing it?

john September 23rd, 2004 04:34 AM

squid can anyone help

TRY J&B FISHERIES