FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   tarpon question (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24907)

William J King January 23rd, 2007 10:01 PM

tarpon question

are tarpon edible?

Wm King

T3 January 23rd, 2007 10:31 PM

tarpon question

"William J King" wrote in message
are tarpon edible?

That depends on how hungry you are, most folks aren't!

Rodney Long January 24th, 2007 12:07 AM

tarpon question

William J King wrote:
are tarpon edible?

Wm King

Nope,, but the fight good

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

MoiMoi January 24th, 2007 01:25 AM

tarpon question

In article , says...
are tarpon edible?

Wm King

Well, if you'd eat gizzard shad, then you could eat tarpon.
Actually, tarpon would be easier, 'cause the (bizallion) bones are
bigger.
But you'd have to be quick...they seem to start rotting within seconds
of death if you can't ice 'em down.

MM

Gene Kelly January 24th, 2007 04:38 PM

tarpon question

I hate them in Costa Rica back in the 70's, They were used to make fish
cakes and weren'tthat bad, but if I had a choice I'd choose something else.

--
Capt Gene Kelly
Tropical Fishing Adventures