FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew. (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=889)

Bob Rickard October 26th, 2003 05:27 PM

Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew.

I am bringing this up mainly to share my fishing learning experience with
the newer members here. First, I want to make it clear that anyone who pops
in to read a single message here instantly becomes a full-fledge member of
the ROFB. Furthermore, I need to add that many here believe that I might be
considered an Old Geezer, one who has been fishing since hooks were made of
bone, and one to whom ROFB means Real Old Fat Bullshipper, which equals me.

Fish, and fishing, fascinate me. I cannot seem to tire of reading about
both. I used to maintain libraries of books and magazines that I would
scour to learn anything new. Now, I do not. Fishing magazines I read and
toss. Occasionally I find something worth clipping and saving (usually from
In-Fishing), but that is rare. I pounce on new books at my local library,
but I seldom purchase or save any. Some books, like Rich Z's, I do keep and
treasure, and constantly re-visit with fresh interests and questions. In
general though, most of my reading and research is now on the net, and
primarily here on the ROFB.

I maintain fishing information files by individual contributor names (which
I will not disclose) and by that all-important title "Misc." These files
contain postings by ROFB members, including the entire FAQ. The information
here is second to none. The quality of leading-edge information,
observations and questions found here is without equal IMHO. Most older
members are well aware that Rich Zaleski has been my fishing information
Guru and idle for years, and he freely shares that information with us here
on an almost daily basis. Others here regularly post extremely valuable data
that I grab up like money. I will not post their names for two reasons:
First, there are too many, and two; I would surely overlook someone. Many of
my most valuable postings are from newer members who did not realize the
value of their own words.

My main point here is simple. When you read information about rods (or
whatever) here from members like Dave Norton (Rodmaker) and Craig Baugher,
or from many, many others, pay very close attention. You will seldom ever
have the chance to learn more. This is truly good stuff.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Charles B. Summers October 26th, 2003 06:11 PM

Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew.

Bob... we don't think you might be an old geezer. We know you are! LOL

However... I don't think you're the only one.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
.. .

Craig October 26th, 2003 10:21 PM

Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew.

Wow! Thank you Bob!

--
Craig Baugher

John Kerr October 26th, 2003 11:55 PM

Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew.

I've fished for bass for almost 35 years now, and thought I knew a
little bit about it....but after reading the posts on here the past
couple months, I've come to the conclusion that maybe I have ben fishing
in the "dark" all these years g! I agree, there is a wealth of
information, and more importantly, experience here!
JK

Dave Norton October 27th, 2003 01:09 AM

Cumulative knowledge of the ROFB crew.

Bob, is absolutely correct. There is a virtual fountain of information on
this Ng. We are truly blessed by everyone that posts here.

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods