FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OT- or on topic Ice fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33535)

Fred February 27th, 2009 09:08 PM

OT- or on topic Ice fishing

I am looking at a few shelters -
People are catching some nice rainbows right here on our lake and some
kokanee at a large lake nearby

My local dealer carries the Outback by Frabill (since discontinued) but the
reviews that I read were not too good
Ice buildup on floors and buttons not working properly in cold weather, and
major stability problems in wind
I want something for 2-3 people
Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance.

Fred

Frank Reid[_2_] February 28th, 2009 02:29 AM

OT- or on topic Ice fishing

On Feb 27, 3:08*pm, "Fred" wrote:
I am looking at a few shelters -
People are catching some nice rainbows right here on our lake and some
kokanee at a large lake nearby

My local dealer carries the Outback by Frabill (since discontinued) but the
reviews that I read were not too good
Ice buildup on floors and buttons not working properly in cold weather, and
major stability problems in wind
I want something for 2-3 people
Any suggestions would be appreciated *Thanks in advance.

Fred

Have them set it up, take in a 9' 5wt and see which one is easiest to
cast in.
The Shell Answer Man

Fred February 28th, 2009 07:19 AM

OT- or on topic Ice fishing

On 27-Feb-2009, Frank Reid wrote:

Ice buildup on floors and buttons not working properly in cold weather,
and
major stability problems in wind
I want something for 2-3 people
Any suggestions would be appreciated *Thanks in advance.

Fred

Have them set it up, take in a 9' 5wt and see which one is easiest to
cast in.
The Shell Answer Man

It is a great idea but I could never consistently cast into that little ice
hole
Thanks anyway

Fred