FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   spinning rod "add-on" (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1683)

Ken Blevins March 6th, 2004 05:55 PM

spinning rod "add-on"

Hello group
While thumbing through an old
Field& Stream the other day at the dentists office I found an article on a
gizmo that when its attached to a spinning rod it causes the retrieved lure
or bait to hesitate on each turn of the handle. I though it was kind of a
neat idea but probably just a con.Anyone ever heard of such a "add-on"
Ken Blevins

Rodney LongShot March 6th, 2004 08:32 PM

spinning rod "add-on"

Ken Blevins wrote:
Hello group
While thumbing through an old
Field& Stream the other day at the dentists office I found an article on a
gizmo that when its attached to a spinning rod it causes the retrieved lure
or bait to hesitate on each turn of the handle. I though it was kind of a
neat idea but probably just a con.Anyone ever heard of such a "add-on"
Ken Blevins

I have three of them,, yes they do increase the strikes when used with
spinner bait's, roster tails, jigs and the like,, not sure why it works
over bouncing the rod tip, with the retrieve, but it does, at least for
me and the people I have let use my rods equipped it it.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers March 7th, 2004 01:09 PM

spinning rod "add-on"

"Ken Blevins" wrote in message
Hello group
While thumbing through an old
Field& Stream the other day at the dentists office I found an article on a
gizmo that when its attached to a spinning rod it causes the retrieved

lure
or bait to hesitate on each turn of the handle. I though it was kind of a
neat idea but probably just a con.Anyone ever heard of such a "add-on"
Ken Blevins

I saw a gizmo at the ICAST Show last year that was basically an offset spool
on a spinning reel that caused the same effect. Yeah, it probably might
work, but you have a similar device already. It's called a wrist, and if
you bend it frequently, it causes the lure to hesitate or speed up.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com