FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Catch and Release (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33314)

Halfordian Golfer January 26th, 2009 05:54 PM

Catch and Release

No, not *THAT* discussion!

I'm referring to the chick flick by the name that I was forced to
endure because it was filmed in and around my house. It's a pretty
boring flick BUT there are a couple of things of interest (possibly)
to this group. Besides the fact that my basic position on pure catch
and release was discussed in the movie all flyfishermen would just
flat get off on the scene where the male lead pushes the female lead
up against the wall and gives her a big old sloppy arms outstretched
smooch *amidst a peg board of gold mylar and other flytying
material*.

Let the fantasy roll boys.

Happy new year,

Bone

Fred January 27th, 2009 04:49 AM

Catch and Release

On 26-Jan-2009, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

I'm referring to the chick flick by the name that I was forced to
endure because it was filmed in and around my house

Tim Is this the film you refer to?

Directed by Susannah Grant. With Jennifer Garner, Timothy Olyphant, Sam
Jaeger. A woman struggles to accept the death of her fiancé and the secrets
he kept ...

I was going to get it from Netflix but it did not pique my interest enough?

Fred

Halfordian Golfer January 27th, 2009 02:36 PM

Catch and Release

On Jan 26, 9:49 pm, "Fred" wrote:
On 26-Jan-2009, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

I'm referring to the chick flick by the name that I was forced to
endure because it was filmed in and around my house

Tim Is this the film you refer to?

Directed by Susannah Grant. With Jennifer Garner, Timothy Olyphant, Sam
Jaeger. A woman struggles to accept the death of her fiancé and the secrets
he kept ...

I was going to get it from Netflix but it did not pique my interest enough?

Fred

Yes that is the film...one to watch with sweetie, not about
flyfishing, per se, but a ton of references as the main actor is a C&R
dude, lots of flyshop and scenes astream, etc. Wouldn't even call it
a good movie. Filmed in and around Boulder, though I could not place
the river scenes at all, which look like Montana.

All the best,

TBone