FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28865)

[email protected] October 3rd, 2007 06:32 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

Had a trip down to Pompey this week. Fellas just to say if you get
bored of the shops like I did. Take a walk down to man made water
flow. When you get to the last loch you will notice no fishing signs.

So as I normally do poked my head over the side. I thought there are
no fish in there! Firstly I see what looked liked some small wrasse.
Well I be damned I said. Then a silver bullet caught my eye and I
viewed swimming in a natural habitat (see note) 3 bass of around 8-10
lb it was a beautiful site seeing them in their natural environment. I
walked further down and see what I believe to be a pollack and lastly
a large bass just lying in the rock pool. This lunker was over 10 lb
and was a lazy what name just sat there for all to see.

Note I do not think these are captive fish altough the owner regards
fishing for them theft if you read the signs. I could not for certain
see an exit but the pool is deeper towards the harbour. There where
signs of oil floating on surface so I guess there was an exit to main
harbour. If anyone has info on if these are captive or not be good to
post.

For me was a free viewing and I do not think I have seen the bass in
the Aquariums we pay to visit. Helped me cope with the shopping trip
chore also!

Cliff October 8th, 2007 12:00 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

I would say that your post has just killed them all.

--
Cliff.

Sea Anglers have "BIGGER" Tackle.

..
wrote in message
[...]

[email protected] October 8th, 2007 10:57 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:00:37 GMT, "Cliff"
wrote:

I would say that your post has just killed them all.

I shall check out next year when I am down there next. The fact that
there is security all over the place and criminal theft act signs I
doubt very much. It would also be no secret to local anglers who enjoy
great Bass fishing in the Solent. Ok I am jealous.

Lastly nobody reads this NG much anyway as nobody posts. Cannot see
how I have signed their death cert myself so please explain.

Regards
Hugh

Cliff October 14th, 2007 05:19 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

As soon as a posts mentioning the B word appears theb local nob heads get
into the big style for a few easy pounds.

--

wrote:

I would say that your post has just killed them all.

I shall check out next year when I am down there next. The fact that
there is security all over the place and criminal theft act signs I
doubt very much. It would also be no secret to local anglers who enjoy
great Bass fishing in the Solent. Ok I am jealous.

Lastly nobody reads this NG much anyway as nobody posts. Cannot see
how I have signed their death cert myself so please explain.

Regards
Hugh

[email protected] October 15th, 2007 08:35 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:19:06 GMT, "Cliff"
wrote:

As soon as a posts mentioning the B word appears theb local nob heads get
into the big style for a few easy pounds.

The Solent does not have a great shortage of Bass the local knobs will
already know where to catch. My main point is it was very interesting
to observe such a creature in its natural habitat..I think.

Tight lines

Hugh

Cliff October 17th, 2007 10:17 PM

Gunwarf quay Portsmouth nice bass viewing

Fair enough.