FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Freestyle canoe? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37758)

JT June 10th, 2011 06:16 PM

Freestyle canoe?

Forty,

Is that you? I'm guessing Kaylin is very impressed... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSldR...eature=related

Only having a cheap canoe myself, I can't imagine doing those moves. Hell,
even with one that is designed for it...

I had never seen or heard of this before,
JT

Ken Fortenberry June 10th, 2011 06:45 PM

Freestyle canoe?

JT wrote:
Forty,

Is that you? I'm guessing Kaylin is very impressed... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSldR...eature=related

Only having a cheap canoe myself, I can't imagine doing those moves.
Hell, even with one that is designed for it...

I had never seen or heard of this before,

That boat is a Loon Works Nakoma in wood and canvas. It's a David Yost
design built specifically for freestyle canoeing. Very pretty boat.

That skinny little guy is most definitely not me. If I were to try and
put my fat 220 lb. ass in that tiny little 13 footer the whole kit and
kaboodle would be at the bottom of the lake quicker than you can say
"Full Reid".

--
Ken Fortenberry