FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mongolia bound (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37790)

Frank Reid © 2010 July 1st, 2011 03:59 PM

Mongolia bound

On Jun 29, 5:48*am, D. LaCourse wrote:
On 2011-06-28 23:13:05 -0400, riverman said:

Off to the northern regions this afternoon. Got a new (knockoff) Lowe
Alpine gear bag which is now overstuffed with waders, boots, 5wt, 8wt,
vest, tiny flies (for lennok and greyling) and huge flies (for
taimen), sleeping bag and sundry other things. I've noticed that, as
the years and gears accumulate, it just gets harder and harder to pack
light and pack efficiently. By my own leisurely standards, I have
about twice as much stuff as I need. Ten days paddling and fishing
back on the Delger-Muron, a few days in Ulaanbaatar at a big national
festival, then a few weeks to 'wing it'..the only certainty is a short
(36 hour) ride on the Siberian Express from Ulaanbaatar to Beijing,
then I'm freewheeling it around China for a bit en route back to HK.
Look for some trip updates as I pass through urban areas.

Tight lines, wish me luck getting a taimen.

--riverman

Good luck, Myron. *But I doubt you will need it. *Wish I could have
joined you - sounds like quite the adventure sans the "freewheeling". *
I'll be headed to Labrador in another two weeks.

Dave

No earthquakes, no typhoons, no vicious mobs of Hooters girls... Nice
and relaxing.
Frank Reid