FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing Tying (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interesting tool (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5068)

Mike Connor March 19th, 2004 04:10 AM

Interesting tool

http://www.kalax.net/

TL
MC

B J Conner March 19th, 2004 06:28 AM

Interesting tool

I'de buy one of those but CitiBank just called and said I don't have any
money left.

"Mike Connor" wrote in message
http://www.kalax.net/

TL
MC

Mike Connor March 19th, 2004 06:37 AM

Interesting tool

"B J Conner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
I'de buy one of those but CitiBank just called and said I don't have any
money left.

That is decidedly odd, they keep contacting me and offering me money.

Perhaps they read some of your previous posts, and you have merely confused
them?

If in doubt as to the veracity of such statements, one merely has to look
under the mattress for confirmation, all the while keeping an eye out for
black helicopters.

TL
MC

bassrecord March 19th, 2004 07:26 AM

Interesting tool

Thanks Mike.

For testing popping bugs I use a goldfish bowl + water LOL!

Good luck!
John

Ernie March 19th, 2004 04:58 PM

Interesting tool

"Mike Connor" wrote in message
http://www.kalax.net/

TL
MC

Hi Mike,
The problem is I still wouldn't know if the fish liked it
until I actually tried it.
What I need is a big long glass tank full of fish. :)
Ernie

Lazarus Cooke March 20th, 2004 06:53 PM

Interesting tool

In article , Mike Connor
wrote:

http://www.kalax.net/

Very interesting. I'd love to see one. But I keep thinking back to an
article that Bernard Williams, the philosopher, wrote about 20 years
ago 'what it's like to be a bat' - the point being that we can never
know. So we can never know how a fish sees things.

The GRHE is the great example - especially mine, which are
exceptionally ragged. They look awful to me but the fish still take
them.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

rw March 20th, 2004 08:28 PM

Interesting tool

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

Very interesting. I'd love to see one. But I keep thinking back to an
article that Bernard Williams, the philosopher, wrote about 20 years
ago 'what it's like to be a bat' - the point being that we can never
know. So we can never know how a fish sees things.

The philosopher who wrote "What is It Like to be a Bat?" is Thomas Nagle.

http://members.aol.com/NeoNoetics/Nagel_Bat.html

Lazarus Cooke March 21st, 2004 11:08 AM

Interesting tool

In article , rw
wrote:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

Very interesting. I'd love to see one. But I keep thinking back to an
article that Bernard Williams, the philosopher, wrote about 20 years
ago 'what it's like to be a bat' - the point being that we can never
know. So we can never know how a fish sees things.

The philosopher who wrote "What is It Like to be a Bat?" is Thomas Nagle.

http://members.aol.com/NeoNoetics/Nagel_Bat.html

Of course it is. Old age.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Willi March 21st, 2004 03:53 PM

Interesting tool

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

In article , Mike Connor
wrote:

http://www.kalax.net/

Very interesting. I'd love to see one. But I keep thinking back to an
article that Bernard Williams, the philosopher, wrote about 20 years
ago 'what it's like to be a bat' - the point being that we can never
know. So we can never know how a fish sees things.

The GRHE is the great example - especially mine, which are
exceptionally ragged. They look awful to me but the fish still take
them.

I agree. It's hard enough to figure out how another person will see
things and we're (hopefully) the same species. When we try and predict
how a fish sees things...........

Willi

Tim Carter March 22nd, 2004 02:05 AM

Interesting tool

"Willi" wrote in message

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

In article , Mike Connor
wrote:

http://www.kalax.net/

Very interesting. I'd love to see one. But I keep thinking back to an
article that Bernard Williams, the philosopher, wrote about 20 years
ago 'what it's like to be a bat' - the point being that we can never
know. So we can never know how a fish sees things.

The GRHE is the great example - especially mine, which are
exceptionally ragged. They look awful to me but the fish still take
them.

I agree. It's hard enough to figure out how another person will see
things and we're (hopefully) the same species. When we try and predict
how a fish sees things...........

All you have to do is go to work as a salesman for a tackle manufacturer.
You'll have all the answers then.