FishingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   rec.outdoors.fishing,alt.culture.egyptian,alt.amig a.demos,sci.chem.organomet,alt.activism.peacefire (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=608)

. June 17th, 2004 11:43 AM

rec.outdoors.fishing,alt.culture.egyptian,alt.amig a.demos,sci.chem.organomet,alt.activism.peacefire

rec.outdoors.fishing,alt.culture.egyptian,alt.amig a.demos,sci.chem.organomet,alt.activism.peacefire

Pepperoni June 18th, 2004 03:13 PM

rec.outdoors.fishing

"." wrote in message
om...
rec.outdoors.fishing

If you ever get a thought worth posting.................

............................; well, it beats nothing.

crossposts snipped as a public service

On topic.

I caught a 36 inch flathead this morning
I found that I'm not too old to get 'em on the dock without a net.
Channel cats are running, Walleye to 10# and a few nice gar.
Heavy rains have the river high and the fish are stacked up below the dam.
The old mill is closed; the race makes a big eddy pool outside the heavy
rapids below the spillway.

Above the spillway, the river is wide and slow. Corn for monster carp.
I've caught so many heavy-pullers, that I've mowed the weeds in a huge
circle around my spot. 17# superline will cut the grass with a 20-30
pounder pulling it taut.

We have a couple 10 year olds showing up. (school is out today) They're
filleting sunfish to use as bait for monsters below the dam, with some
success. (big walleye, catfish and gar)

Pepperoni
where?........hehehehe