FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fiddling/calling/rooping worms (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=34356)

烏鴉 . August 21st, 2009 07:42 PM

Fiddling/calling/rooping worms

I've been reading about the practice of driving nightcrawlers out of
the dirt by sawing or rubbing on a stake driven into the ground. I've
also been trying it, with limited success. I did scare up one tiny
worm, after 15 minutes sawing. (That said, late August is a lousy time
to be looking for worms using any method, but I've only just got
interested in this.)

My question: I'm in Washington State. Has anybody ever done this
successfully outside of the South? Most of what I read online mentions
strictly one national forest in Florida. I also read a university
study that suggests it may only work on one specific species of worm,
which I don't think we have here.

Anyway.

Anybody ever fiddle up worms in the North and/or West?

Thanks.