FishingBanter

-   Fishing in Australia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Weight of GRP (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17546)

BrianM June 2nd, 2005 08:23 AM

Weight of GRP

One for the small craft boaties.
Is there a formula to work out the approx weight of a 13" (3.96m) GRP
runabout? I need to calculate the weight on the trailer for towing
purposes. The calculation needn't include motor, fittings seats, fuel
tank etc.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

BrianM

BB June 2nd, 2005 11:23 AM

Hi
You could take it to a public weigh bridge and weigh the trailer and
boat, then remove the boat and work it out,
or contact the manufacturer who would know or have it in their sales
brochure,
or post the make and model here, I have a dealers guide with the weights in
it.
BB

BrianM June 2nd, 2005 10:49 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:23:36 +1200, BB wrote:

Hi
You could take it to a public weigh bridge and weigh the trailer and
boat, then remove the boat and work it out, or contact the manufacturer
who would know or have it in their sales brochure, or post the make and
model here, I have a dealers guide with the weights in it.
BB

thanks BB
the boat in question is a Cruisecraft (Brisbane made) Easyrider 139
runabout - if you could check that in your dealers guide please ?

cheers

BrianM

BB June 3rd, 2005 07:17 AM

Hi
It's not listed in the dealers guide, try ringing Cruise Craft (07-3390
4877) they will be able to tell you.
Good luck BB

BrianM June 3rd, 2005 11:34 AM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:17:33 +1200, BB wrote:

Hi
It's not listed in the dealers guide, try ringing Cruise Craft
(07-3390
4877) they will be able to tell you.
Good luck BB

thanks