FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   St. Johns River Jax.,Fl. (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=29156)

RONNIE DAVIS November 1st, 2007 05:56 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

Rodney Long November 1st, 2007 06:56 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

RONNIE DAVIS wrote:

How much did those reds weigh ?

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control

RONNIE DAVIS November 1st, 2007 09:52 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

25 lbs and 28 lbs. My brother (pictured with my son Will) has a charter
service here in Jacksonville, Florida, he has clients a couple of weeks ago
that caught 7 Red over 40 inches, with the biggest near 40 lbs.
"RONNIE DAVIS" wrote in message
.. .

Dan[_4_] November 1st, 2007 11:41 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

RONNIE DAVIS wrote:

Nice reds! Are they too big to eat at that size?

Dan

RONNIE DAVIS November 2nd, 2007 08:42 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

well they are still GOOD to eat, but the problem is in Florida we have a
slot limit 18 - 27 inches, both we over 40.
"Dan" intrceptor@gmaildotcom wrote in message
RONNIE DAVIS wrote:

Nice reds! Are they too big to eat at that size?

Dan

Blondie[_3_] November 3rd, 2007 07:31 PM

St. Johns River Jax.,Fl.

"RONNIE DAVIS" wrote in news:hZLWi.48871$q7.16506
@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

I have to disagree with you, I have caught hundreds of Redfish here in
South Louisiana, and have found that the ideal table food Redfish is
between 4 to 8 pounds.

Under 4lbs and one has to deal with small bones, over 8lbs and the meat
becomes stringy and coarse, plus their is that nasty blood strip in the
center of the filets.

IMO redfish over 8lbs serve a far more important purpose of breeding stock
then as table food.