FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Walleye last weekend (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27201)

Osmo Jauhiainen[_2_] July 31st, 2007 07:27 AM

Walleye last weekend

2 Attachment(s)

On saturday night at about 8PM trolling in Oulu lake
we got this walleye weighting about 4.48 lb and the length
was 56 cm ( 22+ inch).

Osmo from Finland

fganje July 31st, 2007 01:40 PM

Walleye last weekend

Nice fish, but it does not have the white markings on the lower tail as
walleye in North America have. Would this be a Zander?

"Osmo Jauhiainen" wrote in message
ti.fi...

On saturday night at about 8PM trolling in Oulu lake
we got this walleye weighting about 4.48 lb and the length
was 56 cm ( 22+ inch).

Osmo from Finland

Osmo Jauhiainen[_2_] July 31st, 2007 04:25 PM

Walleye last weekend

You may be right. I was checking from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zander

Called here also pike-perch.

Osmo

Nice fish, but it does not have the white markings on the lower tail as
walleye in North America have. Would this be a Zander?

On saturday night at about 8PM trolling in Oulu lake
we got this walleye weighting about 4.48 lb and the length
was 56 cm ( 22+ inch).

Osmo from Finland

George August 1st, 2007 02:24 AM

Walleye last weekend

Is that a Rapala?
George in Las Vegas

Osmo Jauhiainen[_2_] August 1st, 2007 07:52 AM

Walleye last weekend

George,

I am not sure but I suppose so. The fisihing gear and the boat
Bustel-L are my brother's. I had no my spinning rods and lures
with me because we had a holiday resort week with my wife
in the northern Finland and I was focusing on flyfishing.

When we returned we stopped overnight in the cabine of my brother.

Osmo

Is that a Rapala?
George in Las Vegas