FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cabin Fever (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33436)

Fred February 14th, 2009 01:02 AM

Cabin Fever

Its 10 degrees going to zero
i can only play (music) so much by myself untill I go mad
I have to go fishing
30 degrees I would go but 0-10 not me.
Next yr I will plan a midwinter trip to a warm flyfishing spot.

Cuba??

Fred

Halfordian Golfer February 14th, 2009 04:31 PM

Cabin Fever

On Feb 13, 6:02 pm, "Fred" wrote:
Its 10 degrees going to zero
i can only play (music) so much by myself untill I go mad
I have to go fishing
30 degrees I would go but 0-10 not me.
Next yr I will plan a midwinter trip to a warm flyfishing spot.

Cuba??

Fred

I hear ya man. Not sure about Cuba but I normally don't think too much
about exotic places, mostly because of financial considerations and
dysentary 8). Seem like we have outstanding stuff, cheaper, closer and
safer in our own "Inshore" fisheries. My thoughts turn more towards
Florida, Louisiana coast.

Like this...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

Or this...a place that I went on business this year (I bought a 9' #7
4 piece) that looks bad ass...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...num=1&ct=title

Admittedly this is one is of mostly personal interest (this is the
address of my childhood home when my dad was launching rockets down
the beach) I found it to be a cool spot as there are regular flights,
it's a bit cheaper, it's very quaint and doesn't seem touristy, has
the ocean, river, lakes and really good seafood. There seems to be
lots of fishing and (I think) the wife would love you for the choice
(since it is Valentine's day and all).

Best regards,

Tim

Tim

Halfordian Golfer February 14th, 2009 04:58 PM

Cabin Fever

Whoops...pasted the same link twice.

Correction, second link should be:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=... m=1&ct=title