FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   No fish (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=34415)

Ken Fortenberry September 5th, 2009 08:49 PM

No fish

Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

--
Ken Fortenberry

Daniel-San[_3_] September 5th, 2009 10:05 PM

No fish

On Sep 5, 2:49*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

--
Ken Fortenberry

Great pics, Ken. Hard to beat the north shore of Minnesota for
scenery. MN 61 is one of the best drives in the country.

Fish or no fish, a great time, I'm sure.

-Dan

family-outdoors September 6th, 2009 02:36 PM

wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

--
Ken Fortenberry

Very beautiful. Not hard to imagine how it got it's name, Artist's
Point.

Allen Mann

Todd[_2_] September 7th, 2009 02:54 AM

No fish

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

Hi Ken,

In the second picture, do you fish the water with all them
rocks in it? Got to me tons of feeding lies in it. If you
do, wet or dry? Any special techniques? And how do you
keep from loosing tons of gear in the rocks?

-T (Your favorite arguing table)

Ken Fortenberry September 7th, 2009 01:55 PM

No fish

Todd wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

Hi Ken,

In the second picture, do you fish the water with all them
rocks in it? Got to me tons of feeding lies in it. If you
do, wet or dry? Any special techniques? And how do you
keep from loosing tons of gear in the rocks?

You must be referring to the first set of pics. The second picture
in this set is sunrise over Lake Superior.

It's hopper season up here. I just tie on a size 14 orange or
yellow hoppulator/stimulopper (my lazy man's tie that is half
hopper, half stimulator). Nothing special, just hopper fishing.

Losing gear ? I don't know what you mean. The only thing in my
hands is my fly rod, everything else has a place either in a
pocket or on the lanyard. If I'm going to be up there all day
with a lunch and a water bottle I'll wear my vest.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Todd[_2_] September 7th, 2009 06:56 PM

No fish

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

It's hopper season up here. I just tie on a size 14 orange or
yellow hoppulator/stimulopper (my lazy man's tie that is half
hopper, half stimulator). Nothing special, just hopper fishing.

Losing gear ? I don't know what you mean. The only thing in my
hands is my fly rod, everything else has a place either in a
pocket or on the lanyard. If I'm going to be up there all day
with a lunch and a water bottle I'll wear my vest.

I'm referring to those hoppers at the end of your line.
Fishing them dry would get them up above the obstructions.
My problem is that I tend to fish everything wet. I love
drowned Adams, for instance.

-T

George Cleveland September 7th, 2009 07:09 PM

No fish

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:49:28 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

Nice pics. Your pup is looking alert and happy.
Geo.C.

Ken Fortenberry September 7th, 2009 11:28 PM

No fish

Todd wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's hopper season up here. I just tie on a size 14 orange or
yellow hoppulator/stimulopper (my lazy man's tie that is half
hopper, half stimulator). Nothing special, just hopper fishing.

Losing gear ? I don't know what you mean. The only thing in my
hands is my fly rod, everything else has a place either in a
pocket or on the lanyard. If I'm going to be up there all day
with a lunch and a water bottle I'll wear my vest.

I'm referring to those hoppers at the end of your line.
Fishing them dry would get them up above the obstructions.
My problem is that I tend to fish everything wet. ...

Dude, if you think it's worthwhile to listen to Rush Limbaugh
for anything other than comic relief then fishing wet flies
is the least of your problems.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry September 7th, 2009 11:36 PM

No fish

George Cleveland wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_for...7622256239706/

Nice pics. Your pup is looking alert and happy.

Thanks George.

The pup has turned into a sweet young lady. She's enjoying
her time up here in the north woods. There's a half hour
around sunrise every morning when Artist's Point is a bird
free zone. We're the only ones out there and Kaylin polices
the bird free zone with energy and joy.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Todd[_2_] September 8th, 2009 06:12 PM

No fish

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Todd wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's hopper season up here. I just tie on a size 14 orange or
yellow hoppulator/stimulopper (my lazy man's tie that is half
hopper, half stimulator). Nothing special, just hopper fishing.

Losing gear ? I don't know what you mean. The only thing in my
hands is my fly rod, everything else has a place either in a
pocket or on the lanyard. If I'm going to be up there all day
with a lunch and a water bottle I'll wear my vest.

I'm referring to those hoppers at the end of your line.
Fishing them dry would get them up above the obstructions.
My problem is that I tend to fish everything wet. ...

Dude, if you think it's worthwhile to listen to Rush Limbaugh
for anything other than comic relief then fishing wet flies
is the least of your problems.

Ken,

You really need to listen to Rush just a little bit
before jumping to conclusions. When did liberals
become so close minded? They use to love to debate
and know what the other side thought. Not any more.

I'd really love to know your thoughts on the wet fly
problem. Just because you are a liberal, doesn't
mean you do not know how to fish.

-T